Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Historical Horror

I have just finished reading Jasper Kent's Twelve, and enjoyed myself immensely. The novel follows Captain Aleksei Ivanovich Danilov and he fights in the Russian Army against Napoleon's invasion in 1812. Tasked with fighting a guerrilla style campaign he finds himself fighting beside twelve mercenary strangers from the borders of the Christian world who claim that they can win the war for the Russians.
As the novel builds we discover that the twelve strangers, named after the apostles, are more than human, and very capable of fulfilling their promise and so much more.

This book was a lot of fun, if I had any criticisms at all I would say it was just a tad too long for the story. Other than that I recommend people read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment