Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to work

Now that my holidays are over I can look back at the mountain of books I tried to read and shake my head. I must be mad ...
Anyway here are some of my favourites that I did finish,
  • R. Scott Bakker - The Darkness That Comes Before. Wow, really enjoyed this, the world he describes is vivid and the characters are interesting, can't wait to read the rest.
  • Kristin Cashore - Graceling. Quick, fun read that left me wanting more.
  • Nick Stone - King of Swords. Thriller set in 1980s Miami.
  • Jack Kirby - Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Vol 1. Mind blowing comics from one of the best.

Just a quick glimpse at what I've been reading, I'll be back with proper reviews soon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know any of these. I've been rereading childhood books over the break, so Arthur Ransome's Swallowdale was one and I'm now on the last book of Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising series. Great for light summer reading. Oh, and Marvel's Secret Invasion is now in TPB so I bought that yesterday.

    Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete