- The Miernik Dossier by Charles McCarry. An engaging and very readable spy novel told as a collection of intelligence reports, surveillance notes, wire taps and transcripts.
- The City and the City by China Mieville is an amazing detective novel that defies description. Read it and judge for yourself.
- Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie is a great story of revenge told by one of the modern masters of the fantasy genre.
- The Affinity Bridge by George Mann is a wonderful steampunk detective novel that is a lot of fun to read.
- Up a Tree in the Park at Night With a Hedgehog by P Robert Smith is a brilliant debut novel that will make you laugh out loud.
- Old Boys by Charles McCarry. When Paul Christopher's supposed ashes are handed to the American consulate in Beijing some of his friends are suspicious and they decide to find out where he is. Another great spy novel from a master storyteller.
- The Rise of the Iron Moon by Stephen Hunt. Third volume in a great steampunk adventure series.
- The Jackal of Nar by John Marco is the first book in an epic fantasy trilogy. The story covers war, politics, love and loyalty.
- Emperor's Mercy by Henry Zou. Chaos forces have invaded the Medina Corridor and it is up to Inquisitor Obodiah Roth to find out why. A fun read.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Here are I bunch of books I've read recently but am to tired to review properly, instead I'll just write up some one line reviews instead.